What is a Refundable Core Deposit?
A core is the old part that you’re replacing. Our manufacturer wants your old core to rebuild, recycle and/or resell.
Many of the engine parts we offer, including turbochargers, injectors and air compressors require a refundable core deposit. This is a temporary deposit that is paid upon ordering your replacement and is refunded after your core is received by the manufacturer.
How does it work?
- Purchase the part you need to get that truck back up and running.
- BIG Machine Parts provides you with a prepaid shipping label to return the core.
- Safely pack your core to avoid damage and use the provided label to ship it to the manufacturer.
- After receiving, inspecting and approving your core, the manufacturer will issue credit which is then passed on to you as a refund. All core charges will be refunded to the original payment method.
How long do I have to send back the core?
Cores must be returned within 30-days of your original purchase date to qualify for a refund. BIG Machine Parts will provide you with a prepaid shipping label for the core return. If you lose that label, or it’s not included for any reason, please contact us at 844.593.4685 or by email at email@example.com to receive another prepaid label.
How long does it take to get my core deposit?
Once the return is delivered back to the manufacturer for inspection and grading, it can take 10-14 business days for your credit to process.
Is it possible that I won’t receive a refund?
We always try to take care of our customers, but it is possible that your core will not qualify for a refund. Cores that are badly damaged, incomplete and not rebuildable will not receive a refund. This includes shipping damage, so please be careful when packing your core. You will be given the option to have the manufacturer recycle the core or return it to you at no additional cost.
How will I know if my core is rejected and can I have it back?
In the event the manufacturer rejects your core, an email will be sent to you with notification and giving you two options:
- Have the core shipped back to you from the manufacturer at no cost to you.
- Have the manufacturer recycle the core.
If you choose to have the core sent back to you, a tracking number will be provided. Return shipment of the core will require a signature at the time of delivery.
What if I disagree with the manufacturer assessment?
No manufacturer wants to decline a core. In fact, quite the contrary, as our suppliers rely on those cores for their continued inventory. However, there are instances where the core is not accepted. All manufacturer decisions regarding a core refund are final and can not be appealed. BIG Machine Parts, LLC and its subsidiaries play no role in core inspection and are not liable for manufacturer decisions.
How will my turbo be graded and what does it mean to my refund (if applicable)?
The manufacturer has provided the following guideline to help you understand the turbo grading process:
Grade A - Full Refund
- Turbo is complete and spins freely. Compressor and turbine housing are intact and undamaged.
- Turbine wheel and nozzle ring have no damage.
Grade B - Partial Refund
- Turbo is complete. Compressor and turbine housing are intact and undamaged.
- At least one major component is damaged: Turbine wheel, compressor wheel or nozzle ring.
Grade C - No Refund
- Turbo is not complete or assembled.
- All major components are damaged (turbine wheel, compressor wheel and nozzle ring).
- Turbo cannot be rebuilt.